Friday, October 17, 2008

Eating Crow . . . Just a Little

One of the things I admire most about the Principal at my son's school is her willingness to admit when she is wrong. That is HUGE in my book. Later today I will admit to the Principal that her instincts about C and the EA's at school this year were right. Hmmm, guess I have to eat some crow. I thought about just letting the matter slide by, undiscussed, and I am reluctant to say that I was "wrong" in my assertions. It is still early in the year but C is doing well in school, relatively speaking. There are things I need to work out with the teacher and other support staff (such as his IEP - whole other post) but overall he is doing well. The EA he originally had in the morning was brand new to the school and I guess was struggling a little. So the team had a pow wow and decided to switch the pm and am EA's - voila - things are working much better.

Like I said, I admire that our Prinicpal will admit when she is wrong and even, on ocassion, apologize. I feel I must do the same in this case, I will say "Thank you for having listened to my concerns in August and I understand why you went ahead with your plan - I really am happy that it is all working out". Not exactly hat in hand but should be good enough. As for our fabulous Principal - I know you want one too, and I hope you do have one. If you don't, sorry, I didn't learn to share in Kindergarten, she's a keeper.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:46 PM

    Well fine, if you're going to be that way! ;) SO far so good for us this year. Well, after we switched schools! Glad things are going so well for you. It must be such a relief!

    ReplyDelete