Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Goals


I was in a meeting yesterday with C's wonderful team at CPRI (well, some of them. His team is too big to probably fit in a room at this point) and we were discussing what the wording of the social work goal would be on the treatment plan for our family. I was really struggling to pinpoint the goal because it all is just so overwhelming. Finally, to be helpful, Dave the social worker said "Well, it's like C is in the drivers seat. It would be nice to get you out of the passenger seat and back into the drivers seat".

I leaned forward, exhaustion and desperation coursing through my body and proclaimed "Dave, C might be driving but I am outside the car, draped across the hood, hanging on to the windshield for dear life. I'd settle at this point for getting off the windshield."

No comments:

Post a Comment